Lending and Relationship Manager
Salary: Starting at £43,000 up to £50,000 pa + benefits.
Closing date: 10am, 13th October 2021
Supportive loan finance to help people take control of their economic lives and create social benefit
This is your chance to be part of an award-winning organisation that has been supporting the co-operative and community business sector for almost 50 years and continues to influence and develop a unique market across the country.
Co-operative & Community Finance is the trading name of the ICOF family of businesses.
Industrial Common Ownership Finance Ltd (ICOF) was set up in 1973 and we have since created a number of related funds, all of which are democratically owned and controlled by the members. We provide supportive loan finance to help people take control of their economic lives and create social benefit.
We exclusively serve the co-operative and social enterprise sector, and nearly 50 years we have supported hundreds of businesses ranging from small community‑run enterprises to large award‑winning organisations. Through the provision of accessible finance, we have helped to create and preserve thousands of jobs within the social economy and supported the setup of many new and innovative co-operatives, employee buyouts, and community enterprises.
Our rates are competitive and unlike many high street lenders we don’t require personal guarantees.
We currently have over £4m of our own capital to lend, available to those that practise or support the principles of co‑operation, social ownership, and sustainable development. We also manage several other loan funds on behalf of other lenders.
About the role
To be accountable and responsible for commercial loan applications, policies, procedures, and processes. Accountability and responsibility in the achievement of commercial lending targets and budgets as agreed within the senior management team.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Achievement of lending targets, outputs and budget.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of borrowers and ongoing post-loan relationship management.
- Creation and management of network of intermediaries (referrals, reputation, broker agreements).
- Appraise and carry out due diligence of loan applications. Review and make recommendations on loan applications and credit control cases for approval by the Credit Committee.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the staff team in the undertaking of loan applications.
- Work with the Development Manager to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Development Manager in the identification of new lending opportunities and funders.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial information and assess risk.
- Commercially aware and prepared to help create new products or services to meet market needs
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills together with the ability to communicate complex financial information with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Effective workload prioritisation and time management skills.
- A commitment to the ethos of the Co-operative and community business sector.
- Ability to prepare reports for senior management and trustees, as required.
- Excellent persuasion skills, particularly with funders and policy makers, will be vital; as will excellent analytical skills to interpret complex data and policies.
Please download the full job description and person specification in the how to apply section below.
Starting salary of £43,000 rising annually, 28 days holiday rising annually to 33 days after five years (NOT inc Bank Holidays), 10% Employer contributory pension, Flexible working patterns.
CCF is committed to the values of diversity and equality in building a co-operative sector both in its provision of services and in its employment policies and practices. We would particularly encourage applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women, transgender people, people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application pack below.Application Pack
The closing date for the role is 10am, Wednesday 13th October.
Longlisted candidates will be invited to online interviews on Wednesday 20th October and Thursday 21st October.
Final interviews will be held in person in Bristol on Wednesday 27th October.
For the online interviews you will need to have access to a computer with a camera and microphone and internet access.
If you have any queries on the application process – please email Alain on firstname.lastname@example.org